Beginning May 1st, Governor DeWine is allowing dental offices to resume providing vitally important oral health care to their patients. This is being done with new guidelines and recommendations in place. While you will notice some changes, what has not changed is that your health and safety are our top priority. We always have and will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, OSHA, the Ohio State Dental Board, and the American Dental Association. We wanted to share some of these changes with you:
- Before your next appointment, our office will communicate with you to ask some screening questions. This will be done primarily through our HIPAA compliant texting service. We will send this to you the day before your appointment and ask that you respond to the questionnaire when you receive it. Should you not have texting capability, we will reach out via phone to go through these questions with you. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- To help with social distancing, it is recommended that only the scheduled patient come into the office. If the appointment is for a minor or someone that needs assistance, a parent or guardian may accompany the patient.
- We will not be using our reception area for patients to wait for their appointment. When you arrive at our office, please text or call us at 614.850.0446 to let us know that you are here. When we are ready to have you come in, we will text or call you and a team member will greet you.
- Our team member will bring you to a “sanitation station” where we will have you use hand sanitizer, take your temperature, and put on a mask (if you are not wearing one already). If you are running a temperature of 100 degrees or more, we will reschedule your appointment and recommend you contact your physician.
- You will notice we are wearing additional personal protective equipment, but please remember, the same smiling faces you are used to seeing are under those masks!
We know this is all new and different, but everything is being done for your protection and ours. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!